Friday, April 27, 2012

If only all dreams came true... Dream Builds...


When I was a kid my mother and father told me to dream big and someday those dreams will come true. So far, that hasn't happened but I keep on dreaming big and setting goals for myself to achieve. One of my goals in life is to make a living riding my bikes... somehow. I'd love to race or be a test rider of bikes, components and gear.

I've been riding bikes since I was 5 years old. Started out doing BMX and it evolved into MTB. When I was into BMX I rode park, street, vert, dirt jump and even dabbled lightly in flatland. After a back-flip attempt gone wrong I had to recover and got off the bike for about 3 years.

One day a friend of mine showed up and asked me to go riding mountain bikes with him. I was hesitant at first. When I was riding BMX I had never seen the extreme side of MTB riding. It was always XC or road cycling. I decided to take him up on the offer. We did some freeride and light downhill and I was hooked. Never looked back since.

Bikes and riding bikes are my passion. Since I've spent the past couple days sick and barely able to sleep. I had to find ways to keep busy and kill time. I decided to do a dream build list for my freeride bike and my dirt jump bike. I know that I'll never be able to afford this spec list of the components. But it's always nice to dream right?

After about 2 days of designing and pondering my dream builds, this is what I came up with:


FREEREDE/SLOPESTYLE


Frame: Airborne Marauder

Fork: Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO Titanium (White)

Rear Shock: Manitou Revox Pro (200mm - 7.875x2.25)

Headset: Cane Creek 110 Zero Stack SHIS:ZS44/28.6|ZS44/30 (1-1/8" Standard) (Red/Short Cover)

Gyro: Straitline Hydraulic Gyro

Brakes: Hayes Stroker Trail 203mm Front/Rear (White with Red adjuster)

Rotors: Hayes 8" 2-Piece 203mm

Shifters: Sram XO 10-Speed Trigger (Red)

Rear Derailleur: Sram XO 10-Speed (Red)

Cassette: Sram XG-1080

Chain: Sram PowerChain 1091R

Crank: Truvativ XO 1x10 34T DH Crankset 175mm (Red)

Bottom Bracket: GXP 83mm (Red)

Chain-guide: Truvativ XO 32-36T BB mount (White)

Chainring: Chromag Single Speed 34T (Red)

Pedals: Answer Products Rove FR Pedals (Red)

Wheels: SUN-Ringle Punch Wheelset (White)

Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3C Maxx Grip (Front) / High Roller II 2.4 3C Maxx Grip (Rear)

Tubes: Maxxis Freeride 26x2.2/2.5

Handlebar: Answer Products ProTAPER 720 AM 25.4mm Rise (White)

Grips: Answer Products Fall Line DH (Red)

Stem: Answer Products DJ 50mm (Red)

Star Nut: Answer Products 10mm Hollow

Saddle: Chromag Overture (Red)

Seatpost: Chromag Dolomite (Black)

Seatpost clamp: Chromag QR (Red)

Derailleur Hanger: North Shore Billet NSB DH0018 (Pewter)

PM Brake Adapter: North Shore Billet 203mm (Red)

IS Brake Adapter: North Shore Billet 203mm (Red)

Fork Cable Guide: North Shore Billet Marzocchi (Red)

Valve Stem Caps: HT-Components AVC1 (Red)

Extras: Thomson Elite Setback Seatpost (Black)


DIRT JUMP/4X/SLALOM


Frame: Airborne Wingman

Fork: Manitou Circus Expert 130mm (Black)

Headset: Cane Creek 40 SHIS:IS42/28.6|IS42/30 (1-1/8" IS Standard) (Short Cover)

Gyro: Straitline Hydraulic Gyro

Brakes: Hayes Prime Pro 160mm Front/Rear (White/Gold)

Rotors: Hayes 6" 2-Piece 160mm

Cassette: Gusset Double Six 1-er Convertor 12T

Chain Tensioners: Gusset 2-Tugs (White)

Chain: KMC D101 ⅛ Gold

Crankarms: Deity Vendetta 3.0 175mm (Gloss Black/Gray)

Spindle: Deity VTI Hollow 165mm (Titanium)

Bottom Bracket: Deity Embassy EXT Outboard 83mm (Black)

Sprocket: Deity Termite 28T (Black)

Pedals: Answer Products Rove FR Pedals (Gold)

Rims: SUN-Ringle Estate (White)

Hubs: SUN-Ringle Jumping Flea (32H) Front / Dirty Flea S/S (32H) Rear

Spokes: Wheelsmith DH13

Tires: Maxxis Holy Roller 2.4 Front & Rear

Tubes: Maxxis Freeride 26x2.2/2.5

Handlebar: Answer Products ProTAPER 720 AM 25.4mm Rise (Black)

Grips: Answer Products Fall Line DH (Gold)

Stem: Answer Products DJ 50mm (Gold)

Star Nut: Answer Products 10mm Hollow

Saddle: Chromag Overture (Gold)

Seatpost: Chromag Dolomite (Black)

Seatpost clamp: Chromag QR (Gold)

IS Brake Adapter: North Shore Billet 106mm (Gold)

Valve Stem Caps: HT-Components AVC1 (Gold)


So there you have it, a brief glimpse into the head of an MTB  addict. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to afford a dream build. But until then I can and will continue dreaming. What's the point of an imagination if you don't put it to good use?.. On that note I will let you get back to your day. I hope you all have a great weekend! Get out and ride! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment